Wednesday, March 20, 2013

babyfest

it's like the baby boom all over again.

there are so many babies! you're probably like, "awww, she is surrounded by babies, so that must make it hard b/c she isn't preggo yet." no? oh. well, i thought that for like a second and then God sent down His peace in a torrential rain. i'm doing good and having me some dirty martinis. 

back to the babies: there are an incredible amount of children in my family but there are 4 newer ones. i love my child dearly and deeply, but i also have a special place in my heart for all the gobs of nieces and nephews in my life. i have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. 5 of us are married and procreating. it's insane. 

my dear husband watched our own offspring this last weekend and i got to visit these new little lives and their precious mommies. at first i was anxious and missed my little guy but then i had a conversation with a sister without wrangling my own son. we actually got to talk and have a full blown conversation. she had her own share of refereeing, but when only one has to do it, it makes things much simpler.

check out this cutie:


it was fun to love on the other children without being hit by my midget (he gets a little jealous. he hits me though, and not the babies. that's something at least). 

and look at this hedgehog:


little chunk:


why is it we want to eat/squeeze to death things that are adorable? oh you don't? just me then, huh. i'll have to figure that out. just so you know though, all these babies are still alive and so is mine. don't turn me in.

the newest member:


we got together all the sisters, a couple cousins, and my mom (it's not a party without her) for a little shindig saturday night. oh how i miss these ladies. conversational topics ranged from contraception, hemorrhoids (what? eww), let downs (girl on fire anyone?), weight gains/losses to sacrificial living and Jesus. we don't play around. 

we also celebrated 2 birthdays:

(oldest and youngest. 11 or 12 years in-between)

and we all laughed. a lot. kristen wiig impressions were done. i do a mean kristen wiig. do yourself a favor and watch the playlist of her best snl sketches on hulu. look for gilly, surprise party... or just watch them all. sister #2 practiced using her new ipad by accidentally facetiming a friend who overheard our conversations. "can you see me? i can't see you!" the older generation is technologically challenged. she then proceeded to text me, "hello stupid." nice. 

the theme song of the night was the star trek theme song (the old one). apparently, it doubles as a lullaby, according to my eldest sister. my mom couldn't get enough of it and sang it whenever she could. sometimes she doesn't know when to quit. that makes her even funnier. between star trek and inserting "hot pockets" into as many sentences as possible (first made funny by jim gaffigan), the "made me laugh the hardest" award goes to her. did i tell you i have the best mom? she lives more fiercely and honestly than anyone i know. she should get that award too. and while we are on the subject...

marriage. my parents have been married 32 years. they should get a cake. there is a total of 66 years of marriage in the group of girls present on saturday night. 3 cheers for the sanctity of marriage. it isn't just a thing to do... it is a covenantal (yeah, that's a word) commitment. 




i highly recommend that if you have access to one of the ladies above or below, you get to know them. they are extremely talented, hilarious, beautiful, honest, God-fearing and they all make a pretty good cup of tea. that is a quality to be proud of.

i couldn't be more blessed by my family. 


and a quick shout out to an awesome husband who dealt with a teething child. he even said i could do this again. i'll be keeping this man. 

3 comments:

  1. Miss you! Can you send me the picture of the group? Would be nice in a frame ;) ruthie makes 5 newer babies... not sure if she counts though cause im just a cousin ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course she counts. i want her to come see me. you too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful women, beautiful babies. Love you.

    ReplyDelete