Friday, March 8, 2013

brown paper packages tied up with string

these are a few of my favorite things.


i say a few because i really could go on forever with all the things that i love/like or am completely obsessed with. these things make me happy. i like to stare at them. some i do have, some i don't. some you could make yourself. 



1&17. tufted furniture w/ buttons: all i have to do is look at a button-tufted piece of furniture and i melt. how could you not? they are so beautiful, especially in mustard. i see something like this and i start rifling through my wallet, willing small piles of cash to start flowing out. when that doesn't work, i call my husband and get him to talk me into walking out of the store. its true. i do that. these, of course, are completely impractical for me. first off, they are probably a small fortune. i don't know where these specific ones are from, which is probably a good thing. secondly, they have buttons and small children like buttons. i happen to have a small, stubborn child who would work endlessly on tearing these buttons (and my heart strings) out one by one. luckily for me, we just purchased non-button-tufted furniture. pictures to come (later. my house is a mess and that is an understatement.).

2. monogrammed mugs: these are from anthropologie. if you have never seen these or you don't what anthropologie is then i truly feel sorry for you. these mugs started my obsession with monograms, back when my sister purchased some for my mom. not only do they hold a large amount of tea, they also make delicious cookies in a mug. try it. you won't be sorry.

3. north face down vest: i like this because it is warm and sometimes i just don't want to wear a coat. no i don't own one. my sister owns three. she should share, but she doesn't (i think its because we live in different  states. still.). i'm saving.

4. stay awhile print: i received this print for christmas and it is beautiful. its going in my entryway. i love hospitality and this couldn't speak better for me. i'd kinda like to add "stay awhile and i will make you some tea, lunch and offer you a nanimo bar or two and we can talk and reminisce about all things life." (please tell me you know what nanimo bars are.). you can find this print on etsy, here.

5. chalkboards: you either hate them or you don't. i don't. this is one fad that i will always love. i would consider chalkboard painting most things (walls, refrigerator, furniture), however, c.krill isn't a big fan (mostly for re-sale purposes. always a step ahead i tell ya.). so i am going to settle for a chalkboard. here is a simple diy from jones design company. i love her and i will be making this.

6. braids: love them. too bad i can't do anything past the plain ol' three strand braid. i should practice but i don't.

7. Jesus calling by sarah young: read this. i dare you. it is challenging, encouraging and biblical. its not some fancy, big worded devotional. it is real, it is simple, it is life changing. i often open it up and read exactly what i needed to hear. Jesus is real people.

8. striped throw: i love the couch too actually. that color is awesome. but i love the striped throw more because it is hundreds of dollars cheaper. it is from ikea and it would be a perfect accent in my tv room. here it is. if you feel led to buy me a gift while you're purchasing your own, i can send you my address.

9. billy balls: i can hear you say "what? ewww." well its a funny name but they are pretty. you can make them yourself too (easy and cheap). i made some for the sissy for christmas and i need to make myself some. i guess i should do a tutorial. later. these ones are from etsy though. here. 

10. pin tuck duvet from west elm: it was love at first sight. truly. i will own this someday (maybe in 10 years). other pin tucks do not compare. don't try to sell me anything else. this is the end all, be all in duvet covers.

11. ombre hair: whether or not i could pull this off is a fair question. another question i have: how bad would this ruin my hair? i still love it.

12. mercury glass: these knobs are also from anthropologie. they are eight bucks a pop though and so i am content to look at them from afar. i love all things mercury glass. so pretty. you may actually be the lucky one if you still don't know what anthropologie is. i could maybe buy a sock there, but i am a loyal person. still a fan.

13. teal, beaded plates: i actually own some of these from target. bought them on clearance too. score. they are pretty and heavy but awesome. and they are round, which is a big deal. c.krill didn't care about much when we did our wedding registry but he did care whether or not we got round or square plates. what? weird fella. no offense to the square platers out there, c.krill really has little to no taste in style and trends.

14. paper-flower hydrangeas: my sister makes these (have you caught on to how many sisters i have yet?). i'm trying to copy but they don't compare to this. you can find this and more of her stuff on her etsy shop: lovelee flowers.

15. tazo calm tea: this could just be nostalgia for me, but this is one of my favorite teas. c.krill made this tea for me after i popped out jr. i had quite a few cups. zero caffeine, too, so that was nice. i have since switched to coffee, but this still holds a special place in my heart.

16. the avett brothers: not sure how you pronounce that. c.krill and i both have our own ways. listen to them. they can be absolutely profound and then be ridiculously fun. i recommend the cd pictured above : i and love and you. if you happen to listen to their other stuff and run across something horrifying, do not blame it on me. i am not an expert on all their stuff, but i'd be surprised if you actually found something truly awful.

well, there you go. now you know me a bit better. and no, i do not get paid to endorse any of these products. i wish.

i do apologize for enticing you to spend money, though, self-denial is a good, sometimes agonizing, quality. i just helped you hone it; as iron sharpens iron. you are welcome.

what are some of your favorite things?


8 comments:

  1. This was fun to read!! Thanks Doll! One of these days you'll be able to get excited over my blog... if that ever happens. ;) Love you chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I did not know what nanimo bars are (forgive me) but now I want one and I'm coming over for those and everything else! And which sister has three of those vests? Because I would love one (have always been on my wish list) and who needs 3? And I love everything else about this, especially you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well i love company! and i actually have nanimo bars in my fridge. homemade and everything. but i don't know who you are. your comment showed up as unknown. come over anyway. it sounds like i know you.

      Delete
  3. That unknown comment is from Bryana M. Don't know why it doesn't like me name but I wanted to be sure you knew who to send those nanimo bars to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://madebynicole.blogspot.ca/2010/04/nanaimo-bars-canadian-dessert-specialty.html

      Delete
  4. ha,ha! too funny! I always say "three" when I actually mean two, too! we must be related or something. silly sisters:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. green is old navy... very different than NF. ehem.
      thanks for the flower plug:)
      so funny how your favorite things are mine too. I like believing I'm actually as cool as you.

      Delete